Aims of the project:
- Open Innovation with Data.
ODI Leeds a Pioneer Node of The Open Data Institute. We are an Independent, Non-Profit, Non-Partisan organisation.
ODI Leeds is a pioneer node of the Open Data Institute. It was created to explore and deliver the potential of open innovation with data at city scale. We work to improve lives, help people and create value.
Google slides – ODI Leeds Case Study – https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Xni5cupwiIJ4U8iNUUFfLlHnNF16z2Q0Peszj0AST-Q/edit?usp=sharing
Key challenges and how were these overcome:
- Delivering Innovation in a climate of austerity.Successfully building a sustainable business model.
Key success factors:
- The ODI Leeds physical space
- Being Radically Open to all
- Letting others “reach in” to ODI Leeds
- A Commercial Non-Profit
- Focus on delivery, value and outputs.
- Listening and engaging with local businesses from the outset has been key in ensuring the project addresses real business challenges and also to shape the further development of the site.
- Face-to-face engagement with businesses has been far more effective as a mechanism to recruit organisations than online marketing.
Organisation/Delivery Agent: Open Innovations Limited an Independent – non-profit, non-partisan company limited by guarantee that holds the ODI Node Licence.
How long the project took from concept approval to implementation: November 2013 onwards.